- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), Piano Performance, New York University
- Master of Music (M.M.), Piano Performance, New York University
- Bachelor of Music (B.M.), Summa cum laude, Piano Performance, University of Denver
Specialized Pedagogical Training:
- Undergraduate and graduate-level coursework in piano pedagogy at the University of Denver's Lamont School of Music and New York University's Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development
- Private pedagogical study with Carolyn Shaak, a nationally renowned piano instructor and author of the widely acclaimed Shaak Method
Since 1999, Dr. Ostermiller has taught private and group lessons to students of all ages and ability levels in Denver (1999-2009) and New York CIty (2009-present). In addition to his private studio, Dr. Ostermiller's professional experience includes the following:
- 2005-2007, Adjudicator, Yamaha Piano Competition (Denver)
- 2006-2007, Vice President, Denver Area Music Teachers Association, local chapter of Music Teachers National Association (MTNA)
- 2009-2012, Adjunct Instructor, New York University. Taught private lessons to undergraduates and lectured a group course, "Keyboard Harmony and Improvisation."
- 2012-present, Peripatetic Piano Instructor, British International School of New York
- 2015-present, Juilliard Teaching Artist, Nord Anglia International School of New York
- 2015-present, Executive Board Member, Piano Teachers Congress of New York. Serves as Co-Chair of the organization’s annual Honors Program, a piano competition culminating in cash prizes and performances at Carnegie Hall.
Photographer: Jiyang Chen